Anyhow, the kitchen. We've been trying to work out our kitchen floor plan. If I was any good with Photoshop, I'd whip something up and post it here, but I'm not, so I won't. Suffice it to say that the plan has been less than ideal in any configuration because of our budget constraints. Without major renovations, we have to work with the bones of what we have.
Along comes the Emsen sink from Ikea. This little baby has two wells and is made to fit in a corner. The way this would work in our kitchen is amazing - we'd actually increase our useable counterspace AND keep virtually all of our precious under-counter storage. And having the sink in the corner would still preserve the ever-so-important fridge-stove-sink triangle...though I think the trianle would be stretched into scalene territory. Or is it obtuse? I hate geometry.

At Ikea the sink was mounted in a counter, and it was a little weird standing in the corner at the sink. It would certainly make our kitchen a bit different than others on the block. But the genius of this design given our space might just trump all.

No comments:
Post a Comment