After moving to Durham a little over a year ago, I'm still not decided about living here. I think it's a wonderful town, creative, historic, diverse, growing, liberal. But I'm just not sure if it's a fit for me. Nonetheless, it's easy to create list of things to love about Durham:
The Durham Farmer's Market
The Durham Bulls
Self-Help Credit Union
Taquerias! Panaderias! Pupusarias! and more
The American Tobacco Campus
Wednesdays and Saturdays at Bahn's
The Regulator
Duke
The Carolina Theatre
Downriver
Watts Grocery
WUNC
Thrifting: Granny's Panties, the junk houses out on Highway 70, the Salvation Army, Goodwill, and tons more
Full Frame Documentary Film Festival
The Center for Documentary Studies
Locopops
Portobello Road
Burt's Bees (made here in Durham)
The Scrap Exchange
The YMCA (really great here!)
The Goathouse Refuge (which is actually a refuge for cats)
Fair Trial Initiative
UNC
And of course: being just three hours from either the mountains or the coast.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment