Monday, November 24, 2008

Pig Bed

Cuddling, sleeping, relaxing, and snuggling are all very important to the life of my cat, Piggy. She loves sleeping in or on suitcases, in addition to the bed, the porch chairs, the living room chair, the couch, the office chair, and various places on the floor throughout the house. However, she has never liked any of the store-bought cat beds I've purchased for her over the years. I saw this idea on a website a while ago, and when I saw a cute old suitcase at the Salvation Army thrift store for $2.99, I decided to go for it.


Here she is, mid-yawn. The suitcase was a bit water-stained, so I covered the back portion in fabric. On the other side, I put down quilt batting and just tucked in fabric over it. I intended to sort of half-fold the suitcase, with the non-cushiony portion raised up. But, true to form, Pig liked both sides - they provide different cuddling experiences, I guess. Because I had all the supplies already, this cost me just three dollars. Here's what I used:

Vintage suitcase
Remnant fabric (mine was upholstery grade, but that doesn't matter)
Batting
Glue gun

No comments: